The Lonely


This is one of the few songs that I actually listen to the lyric. I listen to the vast majority of songs for the feeling, the music, the beat. What jumps out at me at first are these words:
I'm a ghost of a girl that I want to be most.
I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
It describes me so well during that time because I was in that transition period where I don't know who I am or what I am going to be.

Now, whenever I feel dark and lonely, I listen to the song. It's a sad song but it's so sincere and honest. It conveys the feeling so very well that it makes me feel alive and somehow liberates me and transcends you into a free realm because the feeling I'm experiencing is real; it's tangible. I'm living.
Dancing slowly in an empty room.
Can the lonely take the place of you?
I sing myself a quiet lullaby.
Let you go and let the lonely in to take my heart again.


Broken pieces of
A barely breathing story.
Where there once was love,
Now there's only me and the lonely.
I also often dance by myself in my own room. The lyrics are so connectable and not one word is false or needless.

Song: The Lonely
Singer: Christina Perri
Album: Lovestrong
Track #: 10
Year: 2011

                 Incredible Lyric Video


~ 0 comments: ~

~ Post a Comment ~